Saturday, December 22, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...


(The new shopping mall around the Géant supermarket in Onet-le-Château)

I have a glorious 12 days of Christmas holiday ahead of me, and I plan to make a lot out of every single one of them.

I also thought I might try to blog about every one, even though this will not be the most exciting of holidays for me to recount.

The past 3 years, we have taken family trips between Christmas and New Year's Eve. 



In 2011, it was Strasbourg.

You can see the quantity of blog posts per trip going down with the years. 

I blogged about Amsterdam in a series of 5 photo-packed posts. Brussels got coverage only because of our crazy luggage problems. Strasbourg...well, the lack of a link speaks for itself. 

This year we are staying right here in Aveyron, and I have very modest goals. Cooking, reading watching movies, geeking around, and doing some organizing in the house. I'll be happy if I do a little of each every day; 2012 was a stressful whirlwind, and I'm ready for some simple things.

Today's biggest accomplishment was confronting a superstore, or hypermarché as the French call them. I try to do as much shopping as possible at smaller local shops, but when it has to be a hypermarket, my favorite one in the Rodez area is Géant.

I actually enjoyed going there today -- a sure sign I'm on vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment