Sunday, December 23, 2012

On the second day of Christmas...

Shooting into the sun on the Causse Comtal
December 23 2012

On the second day of Christmas (vacation), I have actually started feeling, to paraphrase Elvis Costello, just like a human being.

One thing I'm really hoping for in these 12 rejuvenating days (well, now less than 11, but who's counting?) is to reconnect with things I love to do but haven't been doing.


Fog lingering in the foothills
December 23, 2012

Photography is one of them. I'm not the world's best-equipped photographer -- I'm very happy with my little Sony CyberShot -- but I have lost the camera habit lately. Or at least since I discovered Instagram and the fun of sharing photos with my phone.




Some snow is visible on the Massif Cantalien

So this morning, on the way to buying Christmas food goodies, I took the time to drive onto a side road, get out of the car, and take a close look at the stunning Causse Comtal area around me. Stopping to take pictures is something I don't want to get out of the habit of.



1 comment:

  1. Hi from an Englishman, a translator/interpreter/English teacher in Lyon. I came across your blog during a scroll through blogs on france and phtography and I've enjoyed reading your 'days of Christmas' entries. Thanks.

    Like you I'm not a real photographer and only use a small handheld like you, but even though my pix are not perfect I still post photoblogs with them here on Blogspot.

    Anyway, may I wish you a very Happy New Year.

    Oh, and those photos are very evocative of that areas, which I have visited before. It is indeed beautiful in a kind of bleak way, although it's not the bleakness of, say, the West Yorkshire moors...

    ReplyDelete