Thursday, December 22, 2011

Budapest 2: The food! The wine!


It's a pity I'm not in the food blogging mode anymore, because Budapest would have given great inspiration for some culinary posts.

I didn't even take many notes about the wonderful dishes I tasted and the excellent wine I sipped, but in my short time in the city, I can definitely say that dining out at incredibly reasonable prices is one of Budapest's major attractions.

On the second evening of my stay, the Erasmus conference organizers treated us to a top-class meal at Speiz, a lovely restaurant in the historic Castle Hill district.

The event was billed as a "Wine Dinner," and this restaurant was sure the right place for that:



I wasn't aware that Hungary offers a rich variety of wines, and I may have to consider mail-ordering some because I definitely left the country wanting to learn more about them.

In general, savoring Hungarian cuisine was one of the highlights of my stay.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of French wine originates from Hungary. It's too bad what communism did to that country. I don't remember the food I had there years ago-I must not have eaten at any good places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit this part of Europe and am happy to hear your positive review!

    ReplyDelete