Monday, January 17, 2011

Rodez weirdness 1

While I love to photograph scenic shots of Rodez, I also enjoy capturing some of its weird places.

About three years ago -- already! -- I ended up, for some reason, out and about on la rue Béteille.

This is not a frequent activity for Ruthénois.

The mere mention of this decrepit yet strangely fascinating street will often bring on gasps and knowing looks from locals.

I'm not sure if this old Midi Libre façade had been visible all along, or if it sort of reappeared from behind another wall when the street was being "redone"... but personally in 13 years of driving up the street, I had never noticed it.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the inside of a truck to me; is this a door from the outside? What's that roof doing there, then?

    ReplyDelete